"The Handcraftsmanship of Blended Scotch Whisky” by Richard Paterson

"The Handcraftsmanship of Blended Scotch Whisky” by Richard Paterson

21st Nov 2022

The Wolfcraig 30 Years Old Premium Blended Scotch Whisky

Since the Millennium, the demand and interest for Scotch Whisky worldwide has risen dramatically, in particular for Single Malts. Even though the Single Malt category represents around 10% of the whisky market, the remaining 90% is still for Blended Scotch Whisky, the vast majority of which are 3 to 5 years old.

However, in view of the more discerning palates arising, particularly for aged products, a new, exciting generation of whisky connoisseurs have entered the field who are looking for unique whiskies and limited editions, something that fully reflects ‘hand craftmanship’.

Bearing this in mind, along with our relentless passion and drive for true quality and meeting these demanding credentials, we created our very first Wolfcraig expression – the 30 Years Old Premium Blended Scotch Whisky.

As the saying goes – ‘all good things come to those who wait’ and this aged icon is no exception. Time for us was the key. A premium blend such as this was something we simply could not hurry. It had to be memorable. It had to be one of those whiskies to share with close friends and family or even reserving for those special moments, moments that would last a lifetime. 

As a result the selection process, sourcing the many different whiskies and exceptional casks was a long meticulous process but ultimately a rewarding one. After all aged single malts and grains of 30 years old and even older are not easy to find. Not only that, these style of whiskies are in many ways similar to your grandparents, they cannot be hurried or pushed around. They must be revered and respected and given all the patience they richly deserve.

We brought our final selection of Highland Single Malts and soft Grain whiskies together allowing them sufficient time to consummate their marriage and achieve the perfect union. To attain the ultimate level of excellence our unique 30 years old was then ‘finished’ in specially selected handcrafted casks which had been seasoned and nurtured with the finest aged Pedro Ximenez Oloroso sherry. A blend of unsurpassed quality.

Once tasted, never forgotten... memories are made from this!